1. What is an Extend Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) Protection Plan?
The Extend ADH Protection Plan begins at the time the customer purchases the product and lasts for the duration of the term it was purchased for. The ADH plan covers damage caused by accidents such as drops, breaks, and spills.
If the ADH protection plan lasts longer than the manufacturer’s warranty, the ADH plan will also cover mechanical and electrical failure, just like a regular extended warranty plan, once the manufacturer’s warranty has expired.
2. What does Extend offer Customers?
Extend offers customers the option to purchase protection plans that go beyond your manufacturer’s warranty as well as ADH protection plans.
3. How many times can I use the Extend ADH Protection Plan?
The Extend Protection Plan is a single replacement program that allows for a 1-time replacement of a like or comparable product should it become defective.
4. How does a customer purchase an Extend ADH Protection Plan?
A protection plan can be purchased during checkout. An ADH plan can only be purchased at the time the product is purchased, not after.
5. What are the customer benefits of an Extend ADH Protection Plan?
Extend provides peace of mind and financial protection should there be an accident with our product, such as a drop, break, or spill. Additionally, when the manufacturer’s warranty expires, the Extend ADH plan will cover product failure due to mechanical or electrical failure, should that be applicable. Extend is a reliable service that makes purchasing and filing claims on protection plans easy through an easy-to-use online portal and great customer experience team.
6. What products are covered?
All SMARTY brand products are covered.
Claims Handling Questions
7. What does the customer need when they want to use their Extend ADH Protection Plan?
When exercising the Extend ADH Protection Plan through Extend’s Customer Care Team or in the Extend Customer Claims Portal, the customer will be required to provide their contract ID, email address, or another identifying piece of information.
8. How does the customer receive their contract ID?
Customers will receive an email after their purchase (see example below). If customers do not provide an email address at time of purchase, Extend will send the customer a Welcome Packet that includes a Cover Letter, Declaration Page (similar to the email), and terms and conditions via mail service.
9. If a product covered by Extend is replaced under the MFR warranty, does the Extend plan cover the new product?
Yes, the replacement product will be covered. The original contract will be cancelled, and the customer will be issued a new contract ID for the replacement product in order for the Effective & Expiration Dates to align to the new product’s manufacturer warranty term.
10. What is the process to file a claim under an Extend Protection Plan?
Extend makes it easy to file a claim either through the call center or online. Below are the steps the customer will go through to get a replacement device.
The customer provides a contract ID, email address, or another piece of identifying information
Extend validates contract coverage by ensuring: a. The plan is active
b. The date is between the Effective & Expiration Dates c. The Customer answers a few Adjudication questions d. That high-level troubleshooting steps are offered
Note that Extend is not designed to deny claims.
The customer will be issued a shipping label via email to return their defective device.
a. Once the product is shipped, the Customer receives an approval email with a link to purchase a new device.
5. Customer will be prompted to buy an Extend Protection Plan on the new device during the checkout process on your website
11. If the Customer experiences any complications during the Claims process, what can they do?
The Customer can contact the Extend Customer Care Team in the Extend Claims Portal (https://customers.extend.com/) or via phone at 877-248-7707.
Extend Cancellation Questions
12. Can the Customer cancel their Extend Protection Plan?
Yes, the Customer can cancel their coverage at any time.
13. When the customer cancels their Extend plan, how much money do they get back?
If the customer cancels their Extend plan when the product is within 60 days of purchase, they will receive a full refund. If they cancel 60 days or more after purchase, they will receive a pro-rata refund.